Thursday, April 22, 2004

end of hiatus

wow. It's been a while since my last post. Needless to say, I have been really busy on my own shit lately and haven’t found the time or energy to write anything worthwhile on here. But, today I woke up and my head is full of thoughts..like how my new wonder woman screensaver totally ROCKS & somehow just turning on my computer here at work to see her flex her wonder type muscles makes me PROUD to be a woman. hee hee.

On another note, I just got news that Marc Anthony is coming to Chicago in July. And any Puerto Rican fan of Marc Anthony knows that a Marc Anthony concert is strictly a family affair. Meaning, not only will I be there, but a good chunk of my tribe will be there too. We will be like 15 deep all dancing salsa in the aisles as his beautiful ass croons away into the night. We saw him in concert 2 years ago, and this man can sing soo beautifully. I just can't wait !!

Its a particularly gray type of day in Chicago. Actually the last few days have been kinda crummy and It has put a damper on my mood as of late. I miss the sun. Chicago's weather is so strange. One day it can be 75 and sunny (like say this past Sunday), and the next it can be hailing with tornado warnings (say like Monday and Tuesday). Its crazy.

Last night, I went to Rhythm, one of the coolest bars in Chicago. They have African drum circles a few times a week, open mic poetry and hip hop on other nights, and most importantly, a cheap cover charge and a laid back atmosphere ($5 gets you in the door and includes rental of a drum for the night). For those who don't know, drumming for a good hour can really relieve stress (cuz you just beat the hell out of the drum) and it sure does give your arms a good ass workout. Mine are kinda sore !!! What I really love about the place (other than the comfy lounge chairs and cool deco, is the unconventional naming of the bathrooms. Unlike most places, where the signs are just of a man or a woman, Rhythm's bathrooms are labeled "sit" or "stand". It makes me smile every time. Its definitely THE up & coming spot. While everyone has just recently discovered this place, I have been jamming there for at least a good year to year and a half simply because one of the owners of the bar was in a book club I was in a while back. She turned me on to the place and I have been going ever since.

On another note entirely...I just read that the title of the kick ass movie "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind" was actually taken from an Alexander Pope Poem dubbed Eloisa to Abelard (thanks goes out to Theresa who's blog I read sporadically for filling me in). I actually tried reading the poem, but it was late at night and the all the words just smooshed together producing absolutely nothing. Maybe later during lunch I will take a look at it some more.

Last but not least, I have jumped on the Google Gmail bandwagon by signing up for a free G Mail acount this morning. I have been playing with it a bit and its layout is very plain & simple. However, its ony been a few hours & I miss the yahoo smilie faces already. I just simply adore those yahoo smilies and whenever I chat I am that annoying person that puts a face on everything depending on my mood. I even know all the secret emoticons and have memorized them too. What can I say ? I'm very expresssive. Anyhow, I don't know if I will be making it my primary email account just yet, but so far I haven't really had any problems with it (within the last 2 hours).

No comments: