Friday, April 30, 2004

payday fridays make rainy days a breeze

I love Fridays (well...who doesn't?) but a Friday that's also a payday is double the pleasure for me. Unlike most mornings where I dread getting up, today I actually woke up with a semi smile on my face. Work sucks, but hey, at least I don't have to get up in the morning and come back here. Talking about waking up, don't you hate it when you wake up on a weekday and for some strange reason somehow think its a Saturday or Sunday ? It sucks...It's like being tricked into thinking that your favorite shows about to start on t.v. only to find Bush's ugly mug on it talking about national security for an hour. Well, maybe they're not the exact same feeling, but in both cases I sure feel cheated. What's worse to me, is just the opposite: waking up on the weekend and thinking you have to go into work. By the time you realize what a dumbass you are, you are already awake and ready to start the day. And for me, a person that absolutely adores sleeping in an extra hour or two, it just simply spoils the day before it even starts.

On a totally different subject, I started writing in my paper journal again. (yay for me!) It was gathering dust in the trunk of my car (don't ask why or how it got there...it was just there) for months. My last entry was a scribbled mess dated September 7, 2003 ! WOW ! Talk about ancient history. I don't know why I haven't been updating it, but a few days ago I realized how much I missed the peace of mind that having a paper journal brings. In essence, it's an unbiased best friend that's a great listener, a great comforter of pain, and most of all, it doesn't look at you all crazy when you confess how really twisted and demented your thoughts really are. I shall write a poem and dub it "Ode to my journal"...hee hee. :)

No comments: