Friday, April 23, 2004

sirius is seriously all that & a bag of chips

I've had Sirius for a few months now & I have become spoiled to the point that I can't listen to the regular local radio stations anymore. I'm become accustomed to no commercials and minimal talking from djs (which local radio stations seem to focus on more and more nowadays). Listening to WGCI, 94.7, and Hot 92.3 has just become a tangled web of ignorant & cheesy commercials with equally ignorant and boring radio personalities. It's gotten to the point where I rarely listen to anything else but Sirius. Which is great because since they broke into my car 2 times in the past year, I have learned NOT to leave my cds in the car (well...maybe the occasional mp3 makes its way into my ride but it's minimal). But, yet again, I'm digressing....Sirius always and I mean ALWAYS keeps it about the music....the good music you really want to listen to. Whether its old school or underground hip hop, to salsa, to non stop dance mixes, to alternative Rock, to NPR, they always got something worth taking a listen to. Regular radio just can’t compete with it. I'm used to the raw unedited versions of lets say Ludacris' song "Splash Water Falls" and god knows, I can't stand the same 10 songs playing over and over and over again til I've reached the point where my favorite tune has become a horrible jingle in my head that won't go away for weeks at a time. AHHH!!! Sirius is really the shit! It has forever removed me from the hell of local radio stations. It has 110 streams of music, news stations, comedy channels, etc and 99.9% of the time I can find a song that I like or that makes my booty bop within like 2 minutes...ahh...now that’s the life.

No comments: