Monday, December 20, 2004

bad case of ipod envy

I have been wanting to get an ipod (more specifically the green ipod mini) for months now. It's gotten to the point that at the mere sight of someone walking down the street with one, my eyes get glazed and my heart starts pounding in sheer envy. I bet more than once someone thought I was actually checking them out (HA!!) but no…its just the ipod. Even everyone at my work seems to have one ( they could have their own little ipod party there and we would be jamming for at least a month straight!!). SO, as I sit in my cube stuck in the medieval times: aka listening to yahoo radio stations and/or Sirius online, all the 'ipod'ers at work fondly trade music back and forth, discuss for hours on end about itunes, and even help each other with cool little tricks they have all learned along the way. One of my gal pals even let me borrow hers one night when I was working in the office late and all I can say is WOW!! I AM SOOO Jealous!!! I soooo want one for x-mas...I even put it on my x-mas list as number 4 ( and yes, I still make x-mas lists...HEY!! I have a family of tribal proportions so we make it easy with lists from everyone, OK?).

BUT alas, the beautiful ipod is certainly is not on my list of necessities (Damn it!!) . Since moving in alone I found that I need just about everything imaginable. I would say that kitchen ware, appliances, and furniture are more important than hours upon hours of sweet melodic music don't you? I never knew how much I depended on my microwave until I didn't have one. I even need a toaster for crying out loud...BLAH. So my chances of getting one this year are slim to nil…

But damn....a gal can still dream about getting that mini ipod right?!!! I still think fondly of that day when I can live my life to the soundtrack of my own compilation of musica direct from my ipod...and maybe...just maybe...a few of my coworkers will trade some of their life long compilations with me as well...mmmmmmm


No comments: