Monday, December 20, 2004

a few things you didn't know about me

I got this idea from thought 4 the day.


Last fight?
It's too much drama to get into specifics, but the last fight I got into (well it sorta was kinda a physical fight with hair pulling and a single punch) was when I saw my old friend who was also happens to be in love with my man and utterly hates me for being wit h him. It was at the movie theatre and I was gettign ready to walk in to see Harry Potter (the first one)...I know, DRAMA. I being the better woman, walked away from it all. Not without giving her a piece of my mind though. For more specifics you need to get me drunk.

What makes you cry?
Call me a llorona (cry baby) because there are so many things that make me cry. Pretty much anything that causes another human pain & agony. War, child abuse, poverty, Bush winning again...

Describe the moment you came closest to death.
I almost drowned once as a child on the fourth of July. I don't remember how old I was, but I since learned to swim!

Most dangerous friend?
I must be old, because none of my friends pack nines or slang crack. So, on to the next Q...

Is there anybody you miss?
First & foremost, mis abuelitos. There is so much I could have learned from them. Now gone, I wish I took the chance to back in the day.

Craziest fear?
Ever since I was a child, I always had this innate fear that my loved ones were going to die. I remember getting anxious when my parents stood out late and I guess it just stuck and multiplied to everyone else.

A food you're ashamed to admit you crave?
Cereal. I'm a fanatic. I can eat it morning, afternoon or at midnight...dry or with milk. Just bring it on.

What humbles you?
Life...and my mother.

Biggest lesson learned?
Love thyself. I spent 3/4 of my life trying to be everything to everyone. In essence, I have learned to love myself as much as I love others.

What disappoints you?
When intelligent young teenagers give up & give in to life. Even if everyone has low expectations of you, you should always high expectations for yourself. It's the only way to get anywhere in life.

Famous people you find disappointing?
J Lo, because she did not present a positive image of Latinas in the least bit. Between her collection of engagements/marriage to her flaunting her booty to just about the whole world, I just shake my head. Ok, let's not even go to the long list of reasons, just know I really tried liking her just for the fact she was a fellow boriqua and she just fell waaaayyy short.

Famous people who inspire you.
Lauryn Hill, Michael Moore, Oprah, Sade, ?uestlove from the Roots, Barack Obama (illinois representing), and Quentin Tarantino.

Goals?
In the near future: To complete my masters degree, getting a kick ass (decent paying) job doing something which makes a difference in the community/world. Long term goals: I would also like to one day publish a book of my poems & short stories. Lastly, I hope to one day own a few properties so I can retire and enjoy life.

Favorite song right now.
Zap Mama's joint ft Erykah Badu...'Bandy Bandy'

Loner or social butterfly?
Mostly, I am a loner. But at times I can be a social butterfly as well. Just like the rest of you, it really depends on my mood, where I am at, and who I am with.

One book most people would be surprised you read?
Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus. I know…I'm not proud. What can I say? I was really young und utterly confused when it came to men...actually, I still am, but at least now I know a book can't explain them to me.

One movie most people would be surprised you love?
Movies...movies, movies...none come to mind. How about tv shows? Design on a Dime, Friends, Bob Squarepants, and I can't forget good ol' Tom & Jerry.

Last ten songs in your iTunes?
Blah!!! I don't use it. See below post for my rant on ipods.

No comments: