Tuesday, December 14, 2004

home alone...dragonflypurity style


my oh my I'm on my own!!

I am only now starting to get used to living solo. It was so strange to walk into a pitch dark house after work to the sound of nothingness, even weirder to not hear the noise of the TV or people talking when I am trying to sleep at night. I finally moved in, but even still, my house is a forward progression of remodeling, constant cleaning & unpacking. Every night and weekend, me & my man conquer little projects in hope that soon, one day I can come home and just be able to RELAX for a change!!! What can I say about my house other than the fact that its ghetto fabulous to say the least, lined with the minimal amount of furniture which I have either acquired through craigslist or through generous family members and/or my boyfriend. I have mismatched curtains, and the heating system is always too hot or too cold...but, every single thing is mine damn it! And, I couldn't be happier.

Since I have moved in, I have been able to enjoy only the things living alone can offer. Dancing around the whole house in what can only be called my underthangs, cooking up mad scrumptious fixings in such quantities that it will soon be evident in my expanding waistline (mmmmm...I can cook!!! Who knew?!!!), and best of all, having crazy unadulterated sex with my sexy man anywhere and ANYHOW I damn well please without worrying about the prying ears of family & neighbors. (that...I tell you my friends, is the life)

The only thing about living by myself which kinda sucks is the fact that I can become quite lonely at times. Since my man works nights, and my dog gets really sleepy AND LAZY come 10 p.m., I often find myself staring at the wall, surfing the net, drinking one too many beers, and cleaning until I wander of to dream land.

Talking about mi perrito lindo, Taz took the move well, and is getting accustomed to his new surroundings as I type. Because there is no real backyard for him to frollick in, I have to walk him at least 2 or 3 times a day, which is both good and bad. Good, because we get to spend some quality time together and it makes me move my fat ass in the first place. Bad, because it is cold as all hell in Chicago!!! Waking up at 5:30 in the morning to face the cold winds/rain/sleet/snow is not the first thing I want on my agenda each morning, but, it's either that or clean up poop and/or pee every morning fromt he floor, so I take the earlier.

In other news, cable companies sucks. Just for the UTLRA basic cable & the internet package, I will be paying a whopping $100 a month !!!! Even worse, I don't even get HGTV, the cooking network, OR MTV2. So, I have been steadily watching The Cartoon Network, TNT, and my meager collection of DVDs to get me through the pain of it all. Spiderman 2 is quite boring after the 3rd time watching it, lemme tell you. Needless to say: I miss my satellite tv ( I am going through my fits as I type), but couldn't afford getting both satellite tv, and cable internet solo. I thought about getting DSL, but being that I don't own a land line (my cells my primary #), DSL isn't even an option. Hmmm...Does anyone know where to get a black box that actually works with Comcast ? I don't need PPV, just HBO , HGTV, and MTV2 would be nice. Hee hee.

To end this post on a positive note: here's just a few things that kick ass about my new neighborhood: It's quiet and my neighbors are nice. Also, there are Christmas decorations and lights all around my block which really add a nice touch at night. Also, within a few mere blocks of mi casa there are a Target, Jewels food store, 24 hour X Sport gym, and a huge ass park to walk my dog!!! But the best of the best is the fact that there is a Mexican bakery/factory a mere block and a half away. So for sleepy, cranky mornings, I can wake up to the deliciouso scent of pan dulce and cinnamon churros as I walk my dog down the block...mmmmmmm...yummy.

Peace & love.

No comments: