Friday, January 30, 2004

The good, the bad, and the UGLY

THE GOOD:

Yesterday night I went to the Linkin Park concert. Hoobastank, POD, and Story of the year also played. I'm not a huge fan, but Mike is, so we went. I have to admit that it actually was a great show. I liked Linkin Park the best because a lot of their songs have deeper meanings to them. Plus, one of their leads has a hip hop appeal to him. He even did a freestyle. When they played "in the end" (at the end of the show..Appropriately) I went crazy. This song is like my independence song when I broke up with my ex a few years back!! Anyway, I got a lil buzzed and started doing that headbanger hair thing...It was grand. There were so many young high school kids there though. This, coupled with all the beer, the stench of chronic, and energy of the place, I felt surprisingly young...Like I was a junior in high school all over again. Then 3/4 through the show...amidst all the body surfing and bopping around, I felt soooo tired. And all these little kids were still going...Like energizer bunnies..and I wanted to do was sit down and take a nap. AHHH...can it be that I have already passed the prime of my youth at the tender age of 25? How very very sad. Hee Hee.


THE BAD & UGLY:

BRRR! I'm freaking freezing. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to get gas in my car yesterday (I had a quarter of a tank), figuring I would fill up my gas this morning on the way to work. No such luck!! My gas froze. So, I had to trek my ass a mile in the blistery -15 below zero temperatures to go to the gas station to get $2 worth of gas, walk all the way back to my car, fill it up, and warm up my car. Thank god that worked. I was positive that it wasn't my battery, because its a die hard, yo..a brand new die hard!! SO, I got to work about 40 minutes late, with sopping wet socks & shoes. I absolutely hate that feeling..of wet socks. I rather have no socks on...and I wish I had a blanket. (ahhh....I an't wait for tonight when I can cuddle with my blankets & pillows). I'm quite cranky, but it's Friday, my car is working, and its payday, so it's not sooo bad. I guess there's a lesson to be learned here. That would be: "Don't be soo damn lazy & make sure my tank has enough gas to start in the cold the next morning or else I will get a nasty surprise in the morning. "

No comments: