Thursday, February 05, 2004

Enter The Day from Hell

Well, I'm sick outta my mind at work with mounds of tissues all around me...collapsed and thankful that I can finally have a moment of dayquil induced peace of mind. This morning was freaking hectic!!! Today is my day to hold down fort at the office, as all the techs, etc are at client locations. SO I was pretty busy to begin with. THEN, the electricity for the whole block went out & all our servers, lights, and computers were down. Clients were calling galore to tell me their systems were down and I was helpless to help them. Amidst my fever, headache, and my sneezing 2 minute fits (yes, I sneeze and its like contstant for like 2 minutes), I felt like i was going to faint. Thankfully, the lights came back on about half an hour later and I was able to reset all our hardware. Thankfully, I can do some minor network troubleshooting to solve most problems. Now, I collapse into my chair and drink my chamomile tea.

On another note. Illinois lawmakers are starting to really piss me off They are trying to pass another law to increase the price of cigarettes AGAIN. Cigarettes will be close to $6 a pack starting in April! That's almost $3 worth of taxes, of which they get a third. They are citing that it will help people quit smoking and reduce the amount of smoke related diseases. Nope...those people will just buy it off the net, or drive to indiana to buy mass quantities of it. I can just see it now: massive amounts of people taking road trips to go to Indiana for smokes, cheap liquor, and firecrackers every month. LOL However, in my opinion our so called government officials are just fattening up their own pockets, getting rich off of smokers backs. If they really TRULY wanted to help, they would take that money they taxed the smokers and put it into prevention programs, programs to help you quit, and or treatment and cure for the disease. It was discussed in the same meeting, but they decided against that amendment.. And I quote from yesterdays Tribune " Commissioner Larry Suffredin offered an amendment that would have directed all the new revenue raised by the cigarette tax increase into health programs for tobacco-related illnesses. The amendment failed." What I want to know is where is this new tax money going to. I bet its in their own pockets in the form of raises, bonuses, and overindulgent "business trips" with their mistresses. FAT BASTARDS.!!! I'm so tired of having no say in how this country is run. Everytime I see Bush on TV I want to puke. Its disgusting to me & I can't wait to vote his ass out of office!!! WHEW! Sorry about the rant, but DAYUM!!!All that felt soo good to say.

Well, works picking up so I gotta go. Peace & love.

No comments: