Thursday, February 19, 2004

I'm reading too many books...

I have always loved to read and write so over the years I have accumulated quite a collection of books. Looking around my cluttered room, I have to admit I'm a book packrack. I have soo many books, I actually have them in storage..boxes and boxes of everything from my old literature, psychology, and Business Law Book to self help, fiction & poetry. Half of them I have read through, another quarter I skimmed through (i.e. business law), and the last I have yet to read but plan to one day...But I do try to put them to good use. Usually, I can be reading as many as 4 books at one time. Not that my nose is always stuck in a book. I go through periods of reading massive quantities and others where it may take me 3 months to finish one.

Right now, I'm going through a slow period. I'm have been reading East of Eden since two weeks before Christmas. Not that the book isn't great, it just takes more energy tp absorb what is actually happenening.Plus, I hate that bitch Kate!!! Everytime she is described, I felt my skin crawl. However, thanks to my concurrent readings, I just finished "Running with scissors: A Memoir". It actually was pretty good and proved to be an easy and amusing read. I couldn't keep my nose out of it because I just wanted to know what other crazy shit these characters were going to get into. I really got a kick out of the bible dips. Whenever they had a pondering question (or even stupid ones like "Should I eat Mcdonalds or Burger King?) they would pull open a bible and point at a part in the bible. Then they would read it and decipher it. Anyway, I recommend it to anyone looking for a pleasant read.

No comments: