Thursday, February 19, 2004

what's with commercials nowadays?

Is it me or are commercials getting more stupid, obnoxious, and downright creepy nowadays? That Arbys commercials with that damn oven mitt..."AU JUICE...AUUU JUICE"...Oh my god kill me now. And Fran (from the Nanny) in those Old Navy commercials talking about "For Shizzel my nizzel". What the hell is that? BUT, by FAR THE WORST commercial has to be the new quiznos commercial, with only what I can call rat looking creepy looking things singing off tune songs about how they love quiznos subs. It took me about 2 or 3 times viewing to stop from staring at their teeth...UGGGHHHH. Their site even proudly displays a link to let you check out their freak of a commercial on the net too...freaky quiznos commercial All I can do to survive this onslaught is just block it all out. Do my fellow marketers actually think the average consumer at large is that retarded? I feel like these commercials were designed for the mentally challenged. Seriously, our brains are turning to mush with this crap.

No comments: