Thursday, February 12, 2004

Jesus Walks...

This morning I woke up to that song & I can't get it outta my head. I literally jumped outta my bed and started doing my little happy dance. Kanye West's new cd is all that and a bag of chips. He does talk a little too much in the skits and stuff, but the music, the beats, the rhymes, and the message behind the music is on point!!! I'm happy that chicago talent is finally getting its recognition in the industry. I have been on this Chicago hip hop shit for a while, but only recently have people started realizing that we have some original sounds poppin' off. Between Kanye, Twista, and Common, I found another chicago mc that is dope as all hell. His name is monsoon, and the person that did the beats on this cd rivals dre's talents ( I think his name is McGree or something like that)!!! I stumbled on to it by mistake, but I am so glad I brought this cd because anyone I play it for is blown away!!! Check him out. You can actually listen to samples of his music on this link Check out tracks #9 & #7..they are my favorites!!! CD Baby: MONSOON: Complex Simplicity

No comments: