Thursday, April 15, 2004

behold the bag lady

I am the bag lady. For some reason, which I have yet to understand, I always feel the need to carry 2 bags with me to and from work. Call it a security blanket but I just call it plain annoying. Picture this: me (borderline midget @ 5 ft 1), struggling to get in & out of the car with two huge bags. One being my heavy ass purse (filled with all the necessary stuff like a cell phone, sugarless gum, keys, my cocoa butter lip balm etc., etc); the second being my bookbag, where I carry everything that I "might" use. These being whatever book(s) I'm reading, my workout gear (just in case I need a workout which apparently from the past week I haven't..hee hee), my journal and/or notebook to write poems at any given moment, and my lunch and snacks. That's not even counting rotating things like my manicure supplies (read nail polish remover & a new color), home listings, bills, work crap...the list is endless. It's quite annoying that I always feel the need to packrat everything. Its one of the many nasty habits that I have picked up over the years. In fact, I have boxes of books, clothes, shoes, and old photos/old letters/old cards that are being stored as we speak until I find another place. I know I should just consolidate all that shit and part of me wants to have a big yard sale just to do some spring cleaning...but truthfully I will never do it. Partly because I also have the bad habit of procrastinating and the sad fact that each of the stored objects have some sort of sentimental value to me (i.e. I'm a packrat). Oh well. That's me: the bag lady...

No comments: