Friday, April 09, 2004

a weekend state of mind

I know its not the weekend yet, but I have been on 'weekend mode' since yesterday morning. Since I was out of the office all day yesterday looking at office spaces and today's the start of the holiday weekend (with my imminent start of my weekend just hours away), my mind is on auto pilot with a do not disturb sign posted on its door.

I can't seem to focus today on anything more than 5 minutes today so this entry might seem a little scattered. Here’s a sorry in advance to any readers. hee hee.

It definitely is a time of change in my life. I am in the midst of "moving" all aspects of my life...not only the physical parts, with finding a new home to live in & new office for my company, but on a personal level as well. I am doing a "spring cleaning" of sorts and starting to tackle the big issues and trying to find answers to all the questions in my life. No reason to get into specifics, but I definitely have a lot of work cut out for me. First of all, I need to make a decision in my career: I am at a crossroads. I really wish I would have not rushed through college or at least picked a minor to fall back on. Because of this, I have put myself in debt of $15,000 for a career I have absolutely no love for. BUT...I am really motivated to go back to school to get a masters. But, I am having a hard time picking a major. See, I have never been the type of person to know exactly what I want out of life, instead, I roll with the punches and live each day depending on my mood and whatever goals I may have (which, like this entry, is scattered). Its funny because each day I want to do something different. Some days I want to pursue my childhood dream of becoming a writer, or even an English professor on a college level. Other days, I want to get into web design or get back into property management. Today, I am having dreams of working for a nonprofit and actually making a difference in whe world. Chalk it up to my zodiac sign (a Libra), but I swear, I cannot decide for the life of me. I tried everything, like writing down the pros and cons of each profession, to researching salaries and market demand for that career, to going to open houses at various universities around Chicago. Maybe I should just stick all my ideas of potential careers on little papers and throw them in my old graduate hat and shoot for whichever one I pick...hmmm. now that’s an idea.


whoo hoo…only 45 more minutes & I get to go home. MMM…Til then, I will be sipping on my Stash Green & White fusion tea, which by the way, is not as great as my Mighty Leaf Tropical Green Tea , but for being a budget type tea, it's actually pretty good !!

Oh, by the way, Last week I got to see the sneak preview of The Rock's new movie "Walking Tall" for FREE. The movie itself was actually pretty decent and the plot was excellent (I heard it was based on a true story and the man the rock played actually died in real life in a tragic death later on). Unfortunately, by the time we got there, all the seats were taken except the first 3 rows. Actually, this wouldn’t have been soo bad because what woman in her right mind wouldn't want to see the Rock that close up on the big screen? Damn that man is FINE. But, anyway, back to the point. The bad part was that there was major technical difficulties with the film resulting in a loud tapping sound every few minutes. Because we were in the second row, it sounded like the equivalent of a chalk board being scratched. But, hey! who am I to complain. The movie was free and being the poor poet type I am, I just enjoy what I can get.

Well, time to actually do a bit of work before I head out. Happy Good Friday and Easter to all that celebrate it. Peace.

No comments: