Monday, April 12, 2004

what a weekend

Not to bore you with details of my life, but this weekend totally rocked. Usually my weekends fly by with no particular interesting or even relaxing event to talk about. But since Friday afternoon, I went bowling, saw two awesome movies, read a whole book in one night (the 5 people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom), ate some delicious Puerto Rican and Filipino food, slept in ( double yeah!), saw a prospective home, and got some wonderful BOOTY. AHHH! If all weekends could be this sweet. This is the life..

Talking about the life, has anyone seen the new Bud Light commercial with Mystic's song "the life" in the backdrop? I love Mystic's style and have listened her cd "Cuts for Luck and Scars for Freedom" about 12,000 times in the past few years. While she is mainly an underground mc, I am soo happy to see that she is finally getting some love from the masses. Even if it is just in the form of a BUD LIGHT (icky piss water type beer) commercial.

On another note I saw Jim Carrey's movie "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind". I simply loved the cinematography on it, especially when he was dreaming and all his memories were simply disappearing. The movie was creative as all hell and seeing Jim Carrey in a serious role was actually a pleasant departure for me.What a way to break up with someone: just erase them from your mind. Hee hee...can you just imagine getting a letter stating not to contact your ex ever again because he or she had you erased from their mind? hee hee. I can't even imagine being that pist at someone to actually go through the trouble of actually removing them from my memories. While for some it might seem like a good idea and is definitely a sure fire way to get over an ex, but is there not something to be said about learning from past mistakes? Past mistakes include past relationships as well, and by simply erasing the whole relationship, aren't you just self consciously setting yourself up for similar mistakes and decision choices in your future relationships? I know, I know...I think about things entirely WAY too much, but my mind is much like an energizer bunny, never ending and always exploring every thought and facet of my life til exhaustion. But, the movie was very interesting and did lead itself into a drunken debate between me & my girlfriend afterwards.

I am also looking forward to seeing a few Latino independent films at this year's 20th Annual Latino Film Festival later this month. I always try to schedule at least one movie in per year and this year is no different. Hopefully, instead of me having to drag my boyfriend to it (like in the past), I can go with a group of friends who actually want to see it! Life is good.

No comments: