Thursday, April 15, 2004

What I'm looking for in a crib (in order of importance)

Tonight I am going to see the house that I might be buying and I am so nervous. BUT...In order to try to simplify my decision (hey I'm a libra!) I wrote down all the things I'm looking for.

I call it: "What I'm Looking for in a Crib"

1) Hopefully, instant positive cash flow from rentals or no more than $450 coming from my pocket towards my mortgage per month
2) A House is in Good or Great condition - not much work needs to be put in right away
3) Seperate Utilities (makes renting easier)
4) A decent street to live on with no hoodlums hanging out
5) Big bedrooms

Would love the following things, but is not NECESSARY
1) Washer & Dryer would be nice, but will settle for a space for a laundry facilities and get a w & d later
2) A deck would be nice

Comparing the house to these needs, its close but no cigar. The space's utilities that I would be living at is dependent on a renter (the current occupant just pays a flat fee for light, gas, etc), it would NOT generate positive cash flow ( I would be paying about $400 per month towards the mortgage. Plus, I would have to remodel my living space to some degree. BUT, it does have a huge bedroom (with skylights..I totally dig these skylights) and a deck..which would be a perfect spot to chill & smoke at. hmmm...

No comments: