Tuesday, April 27, 2004

hear me roar

Ok, Ok..I was reading the poem I put on my last entry & I just wasn't feeling it the second time around. So heres one of my favorite woman power poems I wrote back in the day. Blame it on my wonder woman screensaver, but I am feeling mighty spunky and ultra feminista today. :)

SEXISM
October 29, 2003

Unseen
Underappreciated
Sadly incapacitated
Women in this country are taken as fools
Given the short stick for not playing by the men set rules
Overexploited
Hearts ablaze
Working twice as hard as the dicks to get that raise
The way of the world has gotten me sick
Opportunities taken away simply cuz I don’t have a dick
I know in my heart that there’s more to life
Than what genitalia lays under my fly
But everywhere I go
Its plain to see
That people just see perky breasts and not a college degree
People may read these words and just assume
I’m just another bitter bitch with something to prove
Matter of fact, I have nothing to lose
So I just try to speak the truth
Hoping my words will get through
And spark something up in your minds
Something that will stick with you long after my rhymes
So next time you see a woman walking down the path
Respect her, love her, and make her laugh
Don’t underestimate the power of a lady,
We work hard, play hard, and have the power to make babies
We are individuals just like you
But because we have pussies suddenly we have something to prove
Sexism…
Just another ism that can’t be smoked away
We need to start solving these problems today
So, my people, lets gather together right away
So our darling daughters won’t be treated the same way

No comments: