Monday, April 26, 2004

i want to be inspired

Its national poetry month and man, I haven't been able to write a decent poem for about a month now. It sucks ass !! I am stuck in the middle (ok..hopefully the end) of a serious writers block. Everytime I try writing, passionless jibberish comes out and I end up scraping it all out (even the stuff I wrote when I was a little under the influence, which usually hightens my writing). I tried logging in to Def Poetry Jam for some inspiration from fellow poets, but all I seem to find is boring haikus or some shit. So, I started digging through the vaults of my old poems in hopes of sparking some kind of writing, and I was feeling like one hell of a mediocre poet until I came across this one I wrote in Decemeber in the heat of an almost breakup with my hon...here it goes. I hope you enjoy.

HEALING PAIN
December 15, 2003

Fleeting moments and shifty eyes
tell me more than 1/2 spoken lies
Rivers of pain run through my veins
Reminiscent of the broken heart you gave
I'm a slave of circumstance
And have no place to rest my weary head

Instead, I write
Take flight in the solstice of words
Visions of my soul taking flight like a bird
Able to see the world (even for a brief second)
through my 3rd eye of self discovery
And what I see is flowers and trees
Birds singing in harmony
Speaking from their hearts like me on this page
No longer in a rage…but at peace

Oh, yes...my heart has felt its share of grief
But like a leaf, I have overturned
No longer burned like hair singed from a bad perm
You live and you learn
Only through life’s lessons will you find true happiness

Despite the pain you have caused, I love you for all your flaws
These make you human
I can forgive you for your mistakes
These I can't player hate, unmake, or sit with you and debate about my heartache
What I can't forgive is your total disregard of my feelings
While I gave you my heart for safekeeping
But...there will be no more weeping for these tired eyes
Cuz, instead I have decided to take flight inside myself
recreate the love I had for you
My heart no longer black and blue
Attempting from now on
TO LOVE MYSELF AS MUCH AS I LOVE YOU...

No comments: