Saturday, July 31, 2004

odd fact of the day...

I know I type this at risk of sounding like a complete crazy person, but today while making myself french toast for breakfast I realized that I like to talk to my food while I cook. This is especially true when I bake. I love to ohh and ahh over my creations of cakes, roasted chicken, or chuletas. I talk them up, ensuring that they will reach and exceed perfection - or at least exude the arua of loving care I put into making them. Just this morning while flipping the very first french toast, I told it how beautiful it was and how delicious it was going to be. I also happened to be on the phone with my man, who- when realizing I was talking to my breakfast, was highly amused for a good ten minutes.

Now, I never knew how strange an occurance my talking to my food really was til that moment. But I know that I am not alone. I know there is millions of other people out there that like to bond with their food as it cooks. Am I right ? Am I right ? Or am I really a freak ?

No comments: