Friday, July 23, 2004

OHH SHIT...

Oh SHIT! I just got an offer on that position I interviewed yesterday for. Within 24 hours, I have interviewed for and was offered the position. I can't believe it! Not only will I be making $5,000 more a year than I'm making now (with instantaneous benefits), they offer parking or public transportation reimbursement, a few bonuses a year, AND I will be working at a company that actually makes a difference in the community. YEY!

Here's the details. The company is called Platform Learning and as of August 2 I will be their Operations Analyst in the Chicago region. I will help manage up to 20 tutoring facilities in the Chicago land area, with special emphasis on children in substandard schools… in essence, its my dream job. I have been yearning to get a job that actually pays decent AND has a great cause. I can't believe I have finally found it. Life has a funny way of working out, doesn’t it?

Truthfully, I didn't think I had the position when I walked out of their office yesterday afternoon. Though the interview went smoothly and I got along with all 3 of the people I met with, we didn't really discuss salary expectations, benefits, and start dates (even though they made me fill out a 5 page application containing all those elements). In either case, I am so fucken excited. I truly feel blessed.

Now, the hard part is telling my wonderful boss I am leaving him. Especially with the office move in place, it will definitely be a sticky situation to get everything in order before I leave. Wish me luck, I'm going in to break the bad news.

No comments: