Tuesday, July 27, 2004

whirlwinds of work in times of change

Life changes sooo fast sometimes, and at others, its like you are standing in quicksand or floating in limbo. Its one of those times where life has just completely done a 360 change on me.

Since I have put in my 2 week resignation I have been sooo busy trying to coordinate everything at my current job that I haven't even been able to take lunch breaks. I have been so busy, in fact, that if I had been this busy every day, I would have absolutely no reason to leave this company. Needless to say, I'm going to miss it alot. I truly love my boss and it was oh sooo heart wrenching to tell him the news when I know he depends on me soo much for everything around here. In the midst of a office move, and recruiting people for my position and a help desk position before I leave, my job is going to be a daunting task to say the least. I have devoted 3 1/2 years here at my company and have grown accustomed to being here (even though it gets so boring sometimes I just want to shoot myself in the head just to end the misery). Sigh.

Don't get me wrong: I know that leaving and taking my new position is the best thing for me to do right now. I really am excited about everything and know I have been blessed with an awesome opportunity to expand my horizons. BUT, life has been a series of 180 degree twists and turns lately. Everything is happening soo fast. Between getting a new house, a new job; a new life in essence, I am a bit scared shitless... I hope I can handle it all with some kind of finesse. Within a month, I have gone from making meager salary and living with the parents to earning a somewhat better salary and managing a 3 unit building and living all by my self. It's so hard to absorb it all & I think I am still in shock. Everything is just so new, unstable, and akward still.

What I wouldn't give just for a hint of the stability my old life has given me right about now...even if just for a few minutes. Even my man, who was going to help me through every step of the process, especially in fixing up my new house with his gifted hands during his free time, is going to be MIA for at least the next few months. He got a 2nd job in his field - doing laboratory work for a company that makes cancer drugs (yay for my baby!). In essence, he will be working 2 full time jobs AND be going to school. So much for having crazy wild sex on the living room floor (and the kitchen table, and in the shower...and..) hee hee.

What can I say? LIFE IS JUST CRAZY. While I am scared shitless and stressed out, for a change its a positive type of stress and fear. I know that that this is the beginning of a new era for me in so many ways. I just hope I can handle it all with finesse and not fall on my ass like Wyle E. Coyote when he's chasing the road runner

No comments: