Wednesday, May 05, 2004

good morning is a contradition in terms

I don't know what it is, but I have been on a cartoon desktop background kick the last few weeks; sporting Scooby Doo, Wonder Woman, and South Park both on my desktop at work & home. But this morning, I found THE perfect Garfield screensaver that pictured exactly how I felt this morning (sad but true). Picture Garfield in a blue pajama suit, with a big floppy hat with a cotton ball on top..looking cranky as all hell with a cup of 'jo in his hand...The best part is the words: "good morning is a contradiction in terms" along side his distressed little face. I swear thats how I totally felt this morning ! So I say hats off to Garfield for keeping it real. He's one cool cat.

On another note, I have to stop watching so much Hgtv. I think I have seen one too many "Design on a Dimes", and seriously, it’s getting into my head. I have been watching it so much, I am having dreams of remodeling & redesigning my house which I have yet to buy. I swear, I'm putting crown moldings, ceiling fans, and even deciding what colors and furniture to choose. hee hee. I know its a bit strange to be watching HGtv soo much (my bf thinks I'm a freak because of it), but its because I have been trying to get new ideas on fixing up the house of my dreams. Sometimes, I actually look at what they did for under $500 and my mind starts whirling. I can't wait to actually have the space and freedom to do whatever I want to do. I hope I find a house soon, because I am slowly killing myself by staying with the folks. Not that they are horrible...in fact, they are wonderful people. I JUST NEED MY OWN SPACE !!!

Talking about space, I have also been looking for office space for this crazy place I work for. I think we actually found the spot. We are going for a final walkthrough later today and should be set to move in on June 1. The space is perfect and lofty. Kinda artsy, yet refined. Plus, can you say duplex?...and the fact that I'm getting my own nifty little parking spot & a personal OFFICE with windows AND a view. Well, the view is merely of the street outside and some trees, but to me...it's absolutely perfect !!!!

No comments: