Friday, May 28, 2004

newest edition to my site :)

I'm such a blog freak, always toying around with my blog on some level. Check out my newest section located on the right under the nutshell; I call it the "Quote of the moment" and it shall provide me with endless enjoyment. The quote listed there now was found and highlighted in Ideas of the Great Philosophers which I brought last night (link on the previous post). It is in reference to Aristotle's philosophy on the highest form of happiness.

"The human mind's highest ability is to think; hence contemplation, the activity of the mind, is the source of man's highest joy."

When I read that, I found that line to be one of the truest things I have ever read, but then my mind started wondering...yes, it sounds true..but what actually is truth? Has anyone heard the phrase, "ignorance is bliss? " and is not bliss the highest form of joy? It went on & on. Needlesss to say, I had to take a breather from reading because I am obviously O.D.ing on Philosophy. Maybe I will start thumbing through my other book. Hee hee.

No comments: