Monday, May 24, 2004

"in this great future you can't forget your past" ~ Bob Marley ~

This weekend was like a walk down memory lane for me. My parents were doing some spring cleaning, and in the process, brought out scores of old photo albums, santa clause letters I wrote as a child, and various drawings & cards...I mean mounds upon mounds of stuff. It brought back sooo many long forgotten memories that I didn't even know existed. It was really strange to see baby pictures of me, with diapers on and a bottle in my mouth; I can't believe I was ever that small and precious!!

While browsing through the all pictures and drawings of my past, so many emotions came over me. I realized that 1) I had a great childhood ( I was always happy, smiling and posing all crazy for the camera), 2) I really DO bare an uncanny resemblance to my mother when she was younger (its scary..does that mean I'm doomed to become her?!!), and most importantly, 3) I realized how time really does fly (at times I was like "WOW! I remember that day - and I was only 3 years old). If anything this weekend was positive just for those revelations on my past.

On the other hand, It's really a shame that my family doesn't take pictures anymore. I realized how many great memories that have recently gone by without any type of picture being taken. Now that everyone in the family is all grown up, it seems that we're all just are too busy to immortalize Christmas, birthdays, and bar-b-ques like we used to. What’s even sadder is that I have 2 cameras (3 if you count my poloraid) and they are just gathering dust in the corner of my room. So, being the forward thinker that I am, I will dust them off and use photography as one of my many outlets for creativity...maybe in the process I can somehow capture the true essence of the future's past and make a few memories I can look back on along the way.

No comments: