Wednesday, May 05, 2004

happy cinco de mayo !!

It's Cinco de Mayo and I am in a particularly festive mood. Tonight I'm going out to celebrate life with my honey, indulging in free tacos and coronas at a little bar by my house. Its been a particularly good week for us in general. With his finishing another semester of school and me getting my own personal office life has been particularly pleasant as of late. So, we are taking a break from becoming sofa slugs and actually are going out for a change. Last night we went out drinking and out to eat and tomorrow we have plans to check out a new Tapas restaurant in the city called Sangria. Its nice spending some quality time for a change.

Also, I just peeped some info on a new exhibit called "Strange Days" at the museum of Contemporary Art. It seems very interesting and I will have to take some time out of my busy schedule to travel downtown to see it. It states (and I quote) "this exhibit identifies various ways that artists in the postwar era have responded to the unpredictable and often-tumultuous changes in the political, economic, social, and cultural landscape, the exhibition is divided into thematic groupings such as travel and mobility, work and labor, sexuality, architecture, language, trauma and history, and transgression." hmmmm I can't wait ! I am such an art lover. Too bad I can't draw or paint to save my life. However, this I want to change. Me & one of my friends found a place in Chicago that actually gives away free watercolor painting classes once a month. I think I might just buy myself a paint brush or two and attempt my first masterpiece. hee hee.

No comments: