Wednesday, May 19, 2004

morning sickness (faux pas)

Damn, I feel sick as all hell today. I think I will be leaving work early and go home to get some rest. I woke up fine, then on my way to the office I started feeling feverish. I get in, do the usual checking of emails and review of my in and out box while drinking my green/white tea. And BAM! I had to run to the bathroom to commence in throwing up for a good 5 minutes straight. UGH. Let it be known that of all the sicknesses to get, I hate stomach flu’s the worst. The whole act of blowing chunks is enough to make me want to shudder and pass out (I actually think thats what my hell would be...just throwing up again and again & again). Anyway, there is a point to my story (other than me just blowing chunks). After the whole nasty episode in the bathroom, the word gets out around the office that I'm sick and throwing up. Automatically people just start assuming...OH OH! MORNING SICKNESS!! I have been asked by my mother, my yahoo chat buddies & a co worker all in a matter of an hour if I was knocked up. What the hell? I mean, how come every time a woman feel just a tad bit nauseous in the morning, people automatically start thinking about the pitter patter of little feet? C'mon now. Give the woman the benefit of the doubt and just don't make assumptions. It can get annoying !!!

On another note...can it only be Wednesday? woe is me.

No comments: