Friday, May 14, 2004

talk talk talk...

Talk talk talk
I’m tired of all this talk
Of Janet Jacksons breasts
Or Which stars were dressed to impress
At this years grammys
Tired of hearing about being P.I.M.P.S.
And seeing loads of T-I double T’s
all over MTV

Is it me?
Or are more serious issues to address
Can we PLEASE talk about something else?
My heart longs to
Talk about our nations health care

Do I dare?
speak about this nations million dollar deficits
And who it really affects
Shit.
My grandchildrens pockets are barren

Honestly
I’m sick of Bush steady swearing
His False justifications
and mistakes
Impart 100 times the heart ache
On our radar map
Of the future

I want to talk about this so called war
And taking the necessary steps towards peace at our front door
Lets start spitting out the facts
Not just abstracts or societal propaganda
Telling us what we should think before we can even blink
And absorb it all
Yet through it all
All I hear is meaningless talk

I dream of...
engaging in open conversation
about the state of this nation
Is it not yet obvious that
this downward spiral will not just pass
And this nation will not last
if we don’t make a pact to fix it?

Lets get our country back on track!
reverse the trend of making the rich’s pockets more fat
Lets take no more slack and get the the real facts on the raising prices of gas

Theres soo much to discuss that hasn't been publicly addressed
Like how our children are becoming more lazy and more fat
And all the strange diseases suddenly being catched
About minorities being unfairly accused and attacked
Just for being latino, asian, or black

We are supposed to be the richest nation
But how come our children can’t even get the proper education?
To me, its obvious to see
That freedom comes at a steep price
We have been blinded by the 'bling bling' style of life
And forgot to build on the fundamentals

I have been patient ENOUGH
And I want to get to the roots
unveil all the truths
I want to start talking about things that matter in this world
And so should you

I wrote this poem in stages, so some of it is kinda old and some of it is kinda new. I hope you like it. If not, I really don't care (ha ha)..Also, please respect my writing and do not post it, duplicate it, etc etc. without my consent (or else feel my wrath). That is all. Peace.

No comments: